Corporate & Commercial
Combining strategic understanding and a commercial and pragmatic approach with in-depth technical knowledge and industry sector expertise.
Our corporate and commercial lawyers cooperate seamlessly with other practices and specialists within the firm to ensure that our clients’ legal needs are met with a “one-stop shop” approach.
Our scope of services includes compliance, corporate governance, subsidiary maintenance, mergers and acquisitions, due diligence, divestitures, corporate reorganisations, and shareholders’ agreements. We regularly advise clients on share and asset deals involving privately held companies.
We draft, review and amend commercial contracts governed by Swiss law, from distribution agreements and licence agreements, to sale agreements and development and supply agreements. We also assist our clients with their terms and conditions. We offer bespoke fee solutions.
Our firm is ranked in the 2020 Legal 500 EMEA Commercial, Corporate and M&A category.
On the corporate side, our experience includes:
- Advising a group of companies on its wholesale reorganisation in Switzerland, including the incorporation of a holding company and a foundation.
- Advising entrepreneurs on a carve- out transaction and the resulting joint venture.
- Advising a global bank in relation to outsourcing and service agreements with accounting, IT and archiving firms, including international aspects.
- Advising clients, such as a company active in big data consumer analytics and a growing social media company, on investment rounds and shareholders issues.
- Providing corporate secretarial services for the Swiss entities within an international group of companies in the commodity-based industry.
On the commercial side:
- Strengthening the legal department of a global healthcare company for all commercial matters for several periods of months to assist the client in coping with a workload increase for its legal team in all EMEA regions.
- Drafting and reviewing distribution, agency, licence and supply agreements for a Swiss healthcare company active in various countries around the world.
- Advising a publicly owned corporation on acquiring a Swiss entity in the transport sector.
- Drafting outsourcing agreements for a Swiss IT company providing solutions to financial institutions.
Your Key Contact: Fabien Aepli
Fabien Aepli is cofounder of Mangeat Attorneys at Law LLC. He has proven experience in advising multinational companies and SMEs, on both Swiss and international level, in cross-border transactions such as agency, distribution, licence or service agreements.
He also specialises in drafting commercial contracts and general terms and conditions, and advising on compliance and regulatory issues. He advises companies and stakeholders on the structuring and setting-up of businesses and corporate reorganisation.
Contact him at: email@example.com