Pharmaceuticals – Healthcare
The pharmaceutical and healthcare sector is not only a major contributor to the Swiss economy; it is also one of the most regulated industries.
Pharmaceutical and healthcare companies constantly face a variety of challenges
These challenges can include intellectual property matters, business reorganisation, increasing regulations, contractual issues, data protection, competition law, to name a few.
We assist branded and generic pharmaceutical firms as well as other healthcare companies in their highly competitive environment.
We are locally implanted and understand the business of our clients thanks to the long-lasting relationships we maintain with them. We require our specialists to fully comprehend and consider the financial implications and risk tolerance of the specific environment in which our clients operate.
Our firm is ranked in the Legal 500 EMEA 2019 Edition, in the Healthcare and Life Sciences category.
Our experience includes:
- Assisting a pharmaceutical company in opposing payment claims filed by a former distributor including compensation for goodwill and clientele.
- Representing a hospital in criminal proceedings against a former patient. The case required full knowledge of medical procedures and hospital management issues, as well as the management of possible press release risks.
- Assisting a neurosurgeon in criminal and disciplinary proceedings arising from alleged medical malpractice.
- Strengthening the legal department of a global healthcare company for all commercial matters for a period of over six months, to assist the client in coping with a workload increase for its legal team in all EMEA regions.
- Drafting and reviewing distribution, agency, licence and supply agreements for a Swiss healthcare company active in various countries around the world.
- Assisting a Swiss healthcare company in the assessment of the implications of the GDPR on contemplated profiling activities.
- Advising a group of healthcare companies on dealing with TUPE (Transfer of Undertakings, Protection of Employment) issues.
- Advising entrepreneurs on a carve- out transaction and the resulting joint venture in the healthcare industry.
Your Key Contact: Sara Dousset
Sara Dousset is a senior associate at MANGEAT and is recommended by Legal 500. Her main practice areas are Employment, Healthcare & Life Science, Data Protection and Dispute Resolution. She is currently pursuing a Master of Advanced Studies in Health Law at the University of Neuchâtel’s Health Law Institute.
Contact her at: firstname.lastname@example.org