Real Estate & Construction
The fast-changing needs of property owners and investors have led to significant evolution in the global real estate industry.
Our real estate and construction team acts for both private and public companies.
Our main work areas are real estate development, finance and securitisation, sale and leaseback transactions, permits for acquisitions of real estate, matters involving second homes, and leases.
We also advise our clients on environmental matters such as the treatment of waste, energy usage, and how best to deal with hazardous waste and contaminated land.
Our firm is ranked in the 2020 Legal 500 EMEA Real Estate and Construction category.
Our experience includes:
- Assisting a client in relation to the constitution and development of a residential real estate portfolio in Switzerland, and providing strategic advice for the creation and listing of a real estate investment fund.
- Assisting a client in relation to the de- zoning of a 27-hectare surface, in order to apply for a construction permit for a built surface of 180’000 square metres, including 900 houses.
- Assisting a project owner in the development of a local land use plan for the construction of eight buildings, and carrying out the negotiations on his behalf with the public authorities and adjoining landowners.
- Assisting a well-known developer and architect in relation to a major industrial and artisanal development project, with a value of more than CHF 40 million.
- Advising a real estate company on the acquisition, development and leasing of a shopping mall, including drafting and negotiating the related commercial lease agreements.
- Assisting the foreign private owner of a second home in Switzerland in removing the legal mortgage registered by contractors, and in selling the property.
- Advising various potential buyers on the Swiss federal legislation applicable to the acquisition of real estate by persons living abroad.
- Assisting clients in disputes related to a sale of real estate in Geneva, including reclaiming amounts due in relation to construction works.
- Assisting a future owner in obtaining real estate bank financing in Switzerland.
Your Key Contact: Pierre Rüttimann
Pierre Rüttimann is a partner at MANGEAT. He is recommended by Legal 500 and is a Certified Specialist SBA Construction and Real Estate Law.
Contact him at: firstname.lastname@example.org