Banking & Finance
Expert legal advice in response to an ever-changing financial market environment.
Clients have no choice but to understand and comply with a complex, constantly evolving legal landscape.
We are experienced in assisting with the many challenges that arise: obtaining authorisations from supervisory authorities; ensuring compliance with legal, regulatory and internal duties; amending internal documents and general terms and conditions; anticipating forthcoming regulations; closing transactions with appropriate risk assessment and contractual documentation; and dealing with unforeseen issues.
Beside “traditional” financial institutions, we regularly advise clients which focus on crypto business or STOand DLT-related projects, and we provide strategic advice to Fintech clients on matters of banking & finance regulation, anti-money laundering, commercial and corporate law. We are also used to joining forces with our firm’s Dispute Resolution team, in scenarios where litigation is unavoidable.
In this context, expert and up-to-date legal advice is crucial. Our mission is to provide it. To do so, our lawyers draw on their continuous specialist education and on their years of experience within major international and Swiss law firms.
Our practices of Banking & Finance and Fintech have been ranked in the international professional directories of The Legal 500 EMEA, Leaders League, and Chambers FinTech Legal.
Our experience includes:
- Obtaining authorisations from FINMA for various financial companies to operate as asset managers, as representatives and as distributors of collective investment schemes.
- Providing strategic advice to boards of directors of financial institutions, both for traditional financial services and for FinTech companies.
- Advising crypto-entrepreneurs on regulatory issues for contemplated activities to be performed from Switzerland, including regarding authorisation requirements, anti-money laundering and implications of a DAO; obtaining of a non-action letter from FINMA.
- Issuing legal opinions on retrocessions and related commissions or advantages.
- Drafting investment management, advisory and service agreements for independent asset management companies and portfolio managers.
- Drafting a prospectus for the issuance of and subscription to tokenized bonds, including legal and regulatory analysis.
- Advising multinational companies on banking relationships triggering sanction issues, including on communications with banks and supervisory authorities.
- Assisting a foreign bank in conducting a due diligence, negotiating, completing and implementing a Swiss-law share deal pertaining to a financial institution.
Your Key Contact: Fabien Aepli
Fabien Aepli is cofounder of Mangeat Attorneys at Law LLC and specialises in advising financial institutions (including banks, independent asset managers and distributors of collective investment schemes) on asset management matters and contracts, organisational rules, directives or processes, including when dealing with regulators (e.g. FINMA).
Contact him at: email@example.com