Banking & Finance
Expert legal advice in response to an ever-changing financial market environment.
Clients have no choice but to understand and comply with a complex, constantly evolving legal landscape.
We are experienced in assisting with the many challenges which arise: obtaining authorisations from supervisory authorities; ensuring compliance with legal, regulatory and internal duties; amending internal documents and general terms and conditions; anticipating forthcoming regulations; closing transactions with appropriate risk assessment and contractual documentation; and dealing with unforeseen issues.
We are also used to joining forces with the firm’s Dispute Resolution team, in scenarios where litigation is unavoidable. In this context, expert and up-to-date legal advice is crucial. Our mission is to provide it.
To do so, our lawyers draw on their continuous specialist education and also on their years of experience within major international and Swiss law firms.
Our firm is ranked in the Legal 500 EMEA 2019 Edition, in the Banking and Finance – Geneva category.
- Reviewing all distribution agreements for collective investment schemes on behalf of a global bank to address changes in the applicable legislation.
- Obtaining authorisations from FINMA for various financial companies to operate as asset managers, as representatives and as distributors of collective investment schemes.
- Advising a global bank in relation to outsourcing and service agreements with accounting, IT and archiving firms, including international aspects.
- Advising a Swiss bank on anti- money laundering duties and their implementation.
- Issuing a legal opinion for a Swiss securities dealer with regard to retrocessions related to past activities.
- Drafting asset management, advisory and service agreements for an independent asset management company.
- Advising a client on regulatory issues applicable to cryptocurrency trading businesses and blockchain- related projects, including for the set-up of Initial Coin Offerings and the qualification of tokens.
- Advising a Swiss FinTech company on outsourcing solutions for banks, and drafting corresponding agreements.
Our experience includes:
Your Key Contact: Fabien Aepli
Fabien Aepli is cofounder of Mangeat Attorneys at Law LLC and specialises in advising financial institutions (including banks, independent asset managers and distributors of collective investment schemes) on asset management matters and contracts, organisational rules, directives or processes, including when dealing with regulators (e.g. FINMA).
Contact him at: firstname.lastname@example.org