Whether in civil or criminal matters, we stand alongside our clients and defend their interests.
Civil and commercial disputes have become more difficult to navigate.
Whether arising in the context of complex cross-border transactions, international business expansion or evolving regulatory requirements, cases are often high stakes, with clients facing a wide array of legal challenges. We are experienced in offering not only to-the-point legal advice but also pragmatic solutions in these highly sensitive contexts.
Our litigation team also has extensive experience in criminal proceedings, and regularly assists clients before various criminal prosecution authorities. Our expertise includes the enforcement of judgments, asset recovery, civil and criminal mutual legal assistance and cross-border enforcement proceedings.
We assist our clients in managing their litigation risks and preventing disputes and legal proceedings. In cases where disputes can be avoided or settled amicably, our Counsel, My-Hué Tan, also acts as a certified mediator.
Our Counsel, Hadrien Mangeat, advises clients in family law matters (including divorce, separation, parental rights, child support, child abduction, adoption, and cohabitation and prenuptial agreements) and has experience in complex and cross border cases.
Our Dispute Resolution practice is ranked in the directories of Leaders League and Legal 500 EMEA Dispute Resolution – Litigation category.
Our experience includes:
- Assisting a European bank in recovering a multi-million claim from a former client and enforcing a first-demand guarantee.
- Assisting an individual in claiming damages against his former wealth manager for serious breach of contractual obligations.
- Assisting a pharmaceutical company in opposing payment claims filed by a former distributor including compensation for goodwill and clientele.
- Representing a hospital in criminal proceedings against a former patient. The case required full knowledge of medical procedures and hospital management issues, as well as the management of possible press release risks.
- Assisting a neurosurgeon in criminal and disciplinary proceedings arising from alleged medical malpractice.
- Assisting a client in obtaining the withdrawal of a press article within a couple of hours of its release.
- Assisting an individual involved in judicial proceedings in the United States in obtaining the necessary authorisation to take evidence on Swiss territory, in accordance with The Hague Convention on the Taking of Evidence Abroad in Civil or Commercial Matters.
- Assisting a client in opposing his extradition to the United States within the context of the FIFA scandal.
- Assisting and representing before the courts a professional art dealer in Swiss criminal proceedings initiated against him by a former client.
Your Key Contact:
Grégoire Mangeat is one of the founders of MANGEAT and Former Chairman of the Geneva Bar Association (2016-2018). He is recommended by Legal 500 and a ranked lawyer by Chambers and Partners.
Contact him at: firstname.lastname@example.org